Riddles using names of Jesus from the book,
Do You Know Him?
"Each answer that you figure out in this little riddle
Will lead you to a name of the 'Man in the Middle'."
Charlette Denise Sutton / March 2007)
All rights reserved. Answers at the very bottom.
1. For many women, waiting for a special event like
this may take a while,
But the wait is made much sweeter because that special someone
is at the end of the
2. This base is the strength of cemented stone and plastered
Often rejected by man, you'll never find anything more powerful
3. Our future would be filled with dread
If this "sacrifice" had not chosen to die in our stead.
4. With the use of this object, God's warrior had the last
Knowing that the threat of his powerful enemy did not last.
5. Some things are better kept to yourself
But if this person is true to you, they won't tell anyone
6. Nothing else in life has been this perfectly duplicated.
Yet many missed this "Promise" which for so long had been
7. This particular article can be used as a powerful force.
To hold you firmly in place until you are ready to set sail
on the right course.
8. If you really want to make someone mad,
Try approaching them with this when it makes them look bad.
9. If I named part of this title, many could answer to the
But only One has the authority to use this full title above
10. Even though it had the power to heal, this filled Herod
Because it brought to life everything the prophets had ever
11. A change in season can make you naked or clothe you.
But the essence of what begins your life is what holds you.
12. This is a title that no woman could ever claim.
Although He is our Father, He's also known by this name.
13. Jesus knows how it will all end because He initiated the
Trust He will complete His plan and remember to give Him the
14. With You, the arrows on this line could point either way.
For nothing could ever limit anything that You do or say.
15. In defeating the enemy, the use of only one was enough.
With you a person can do easily what others claim is too tough!
16. Others must be chosen for this position, Your entitlement
Some will take your decisions to be merciful, others may feel
it is mean.
17. The awesomeness of using these names in this riddle
Is that they directly refer to Jesus as the man in the middle.
18. If You can undo all the evil that has been done.
What has the power to conquer you? No one!
1. Bridegroom (Matthew 9:25)
2. Chief Cornerstone (Ephesians 2:20-22)
3. Lamb of God (John 1:29)
4. Rock (I Corinthians 10:4)
5. Friend (John 15:13-15)
6. Image of the Invisible God (Colosians 1:13-15)
7. Anchor (Hebrews 6:18,19)
8. Truth (John 14:6)
9. King of Kings and/or Lord of Lords (I Tim 6:15)
10. Word (John 1:1,14)
11. Branch (Isaiah 11:1)
12. Son of Man (Matthew 20:28)
13. Author and Finisher of our Faith (Hebrews 12:2)
14. Alpha and Omega Beginning and End First and Last (Revelation 22:13)
15. Rock (I Corinthians 10:4)
16. Judge (Acts 10:42)
17. Mediator / Intercessor (I Timothy 2:5,6)
18. Resurrection (John 11:25)